From that time on, the world was hers for the reading....


Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lauren Kate: Passion

I'm a big fan of Lauren Kate's Fallen series, so I couldn't wait to get my hands on Passion.

Luce and Daniel are soulmates, destined to find each other and fall in love over and over again throughout time. Unfortunately, their love story always has a tragic ending. Luce dies and Daniel mourns until they meet again in another life.


Now Luce is determined to find answers and sets off on a journey through time to witness her past lives with Daniel. Her travels take her to Russia, England, China, and Jerusalem, to name a few. She witnesses major wars, sees the wonders of the world, and meets royalty. But she also watches a previous version of herself meet Daniel and then burst into flames when they fall in love. It's not easy, but she knows she'll find a way to break the curse that has followed her around for centuries.

Luce isn't the only one traveling through time. Daniel is on a journey of his own, desperate to find Luce and keep her from interfering with the past and rewriting history.

She's also being followed by Cam, several fallen angels, and outcasts determined to stop Luce's journey. The balance of good and evil is threatened by Luce's curiosity, and her journey isn't just a threat to her future, but the future of the world as we know it.

I have to admit that I almost gave up on this book and returned it to the library after only 50 pages. It took me awhile to get into the story. But once I did...wow! Intriguing.

As a history buff, I loved the time travel and felt like I was actually visiting the ancient Pyramids or watching a Shakespearean play at the Globe Theatre. It was obvious that Lauren Kate did a lot of research and carefully planned the story, which made it a fascinating read.

The action tumbled and built until the story's intense conclusion. I was on the edge of my seat and can't believe I have to wait until next year to find out how it all ends.

For more information on Lauren Kate, visit:
@laurenkatebooks
laurenkatebooks.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...