From that time on, the world was hers for the reading....


Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday

"It was a blessing and also a curse
of handwritten letters that, unlike email,
you couldn't obsessively reread
what you'd written after you'd sent it.
You couldn't attempt to unsend it.
Once you'd sent it, it was gone.
It was an object that no longer
belonged to you,
but belonged to your recipient
to do with what he would.
You tended to remember the feeling
of what you'd said more than the words.
You gave the object away,
and left yourself with the memory.
That was what it was go give."

~ Ann Brashares (Sisterhood Everlasting)

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I really miss handwritten letters. I still have some my grandma sent me and she died when I was twelve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treasure to have letters from you grandma!

    I'm old-school, I still write letters & send cards. I have three pen pals!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...