From that time on, the world was hers for the reading....


Saturday, July 16, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2


It's opening weekend for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. Like every other diehard fan, I'll be there.

There was a certain feeling of finality when I finished the book. But this? This is really the end. I get goosebumps just thinking about it. I know when it ends, the credits start to roll, and the house lights come up, I'm going to just sit there. Stunned. And in denial.

The Harry Potter series brought so much joy to my life. But the Deathly Hallows is special to me. It was published when my Mom was recovering from a second operation and tough hospital stay (she spent the entire year battling cancer). We read together. We discussed it. We imagined what the movie would be like. And my Mom said she was so grateful for the book because it gave her something to look forward to and focus on. More importantly, it brought her joy in a very dark time.

I'm looking forward to sitting by her side and watching the movie.

Thank you JK Rowling, for great storytelling, wonderful characters, joy, and, most of all, magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...