From that time on, the world was hers for the reading....


Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Becca Fitzpatrick: Crescendo

I loved Becca Fitzpatrick's Hush, Hush (you can read my review HERE), so I knew I had to read Crescendo.

When we last saw Nora Grey, someone had tried to kill her and she had just started a relationship with her guardian angel Patch (but don't let the word "angel" fool you--he's anything but angelic).

Now she's juggling summer school, a job search, and a social life.  Patch seems distant. In fact, he seems interested in someone else altogether. An old family friend, Scott Parnell, is back in town, and Nora can't help but feel he's dangerous. And, to add to her stress and confusion, she can't stop having visions of her father's murder. Clearly, things aren't going to get easier for her in this sequel.

She quickly becomes obsessed with finding out more about the day her father was murdered and her Nephilim blood line and dives head-first into solving the mystery. Alone. With each question answered, Nora puts herself, her friends, and her family in danger. 

Honestly, the book took a while to get going, and I put it to the side more than once to read something else. But once the action picked up, it was heart-pounding and captivating until its jarring conclusion. I stayed up very late, willing my eyelids to stay open, because I couldn't wait until the next day to find out how it ended.

Crescendo has a little bit of everything -- angst, romance, suspense, and a sympathetic heroine -- and is definitely worth a read. I'm glad I stuck with it!

I'm looking forward to the publication of Silence in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...