1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 deserving blog buddies.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.
Thanks to Rae at the Best O' Books blog, I've received my first blog award!
To keep this going, here are seven random facts about me:
01. I became a vegetarian in 11th grade after reading The Jungle by Upton Sinclair.
02. When I lived in New England, I spent a lot of time visiting the homes of many authors and poets. My favorite was Louisa May Alcott's Orchard House in Concord, MA.
03. Aside from a few Sweet Valley High and Judy Blume books, I didn't enjoy reading until 12th grade when my English teacher, Mrs. Stratton, included Where Are The Children? by Mary Higgins Clark on the syllabus. She sensed she had a classroom full of non-readers (she was right) and wanted to show us that reading could be a fun adventure (right, again). I've been a voracious reader ever since. Thank you, Mrs. Stratton! And thank you, Mary Higgins Clark!
04. I write poetry. Some of my poems have been published.
05. My favorite poet is Dorothy Parker.
06. I spent 10 years working in the music industry marketing music, which was a strange career path for someone who had never taken a single marketing class and studied English Literature and Philosophy in college. But it was fun!
07. My three favorite books of all time are Emma by Jane Austen, The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood, and Wicked by Gregory Maguire.
And now I get to share the love with 15 bloggers, which I have to say is hard. Narrowing it down to 15, anyway.
01. Let's Book It
02. Jagged Edge Reviews
03. Writings, Musings and Other Such Nonsense
04. Must Love Books and Coffee
05. The Review Girl
06. Read This Instead
07. My Mother Stuttered
08. Mello and June, It's a Book Thang!
09. The Coffee Bar
10. Chick's Lit
11. From the TBR Pile
13. The Electrical Book Cafe
14. The Book Monsters
15. Gathering Leaves