From that time on, the world was hers for the reading....


Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday Five with Alison Pace

A Pug's Tale by Alison Pace is in stores now! If you missed my review, you can check it out HERE.

Alison was very kind and answered questions for this week's Friday Five feature.


1. In A PUG'S TALE, Hope McNeill works at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. What's your favorite museum and why? 

That's it: The Met. Because it's beautiful and grand and magnificent, and awe-inspiring. And actually, novel-inspiring, too.

2. If you could visit any museum in the world, where would you go and what work of art would you want to see there? 

I think I'd like to go to the Guggenheim Bilbao. The work of art I'd want to see would be the building itself, and the idea of getting on a plane and going to a city for the sole purpose of visiting a museum, really appeals.

3. What is your favorite work of art and why? 

Oh, impossible question. I love the Jackson Pollock that appears in A Pug's Tale, I love Roy Lichtenstein and Jasper Johns, and Andy Warhol. I think Tom Otterness is so completely full of fun and I loved when his sculptures were on Park Avenue in New York a few years ago.

4. This isn't your only book that features a pug. Do you have a pet pug? What makes pugs so appealing to write about? 

I don't have a pug, I'm just a fan and I'm lucky to have some very great pug friends. I think pugs are not only incredibly loving but very emotive, you really have an idea what they're thinking...that, and their inherent sweetness, makes them very fun to write about.

5. Have you ever studied art? Do you have any artistic talent?

I was an art history major in college, but technically I do not have much artistic talent. Can't draw or paint my way out of a paper bag. I do like taking bad pictures with my iPhone though: pugonastick.tumblr.com



For more information on Alison Pace, visit:
@alisonpace
alisonpace.com


Photo credit: Alison Pace with her friends Olive and Hazel as captured in her author video (coming soon). Taken from alisonpace.com.

2 comments:

  1. Great review. I love the questions you asked and the answers make me really want to read the book. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    I hope you get to read the book and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...