From that time on, the world was hers for the reading....


Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I Heart Indies Blog Tour

 
Today is I <3 Indies Blog Tour Day. What a great way to honor all of the fab Indie bookstores out there! And, let me tell you, there are LOTS to choose from.

I love bookstores. Nothing makes me happier than seeing books--old and new--lined up on store shelves. And that great book smell? It's like catnip! If left alone, I can spend hours roaming a bookstore and exploring every section, every title that catches my eye.

When I attended college in western New England, one of my favorite English professors introduced me to The Odyssey Bookshop in South Hadley, MA. It was the end of the semester, and she wanted to take me to lunch to thank me for all the hard work I did as her teaching assistant. After lunch, we visited The Odyssey Bookshop. I was in Heaven.  I mean, I had been to bookstores before. Lots of bookstores. Mostly chain bookstores.

The Odyssey Bookshop was so much more. Small, friendly, and personable. I found lots of great books, some new, others used, and even books that were signed by the authors. Better than that, I discovered that many authors made stops there during their book tours. I remember thinking, "What a great place! I could spend every weekend here."

Needless to say, that wasn't my last trip to The Odyssey Bookshop and, since leaving New England, I've missed it dearly. I know that if I ever make it up that way again, I'll visit The Odyssey Bookshop and buy a book or two. Just for old time's sake.

If you live in western New England and haven't visited The Odyssey Bookshop yet, what are you waiting for?


It's located at:
9 College Street
South Hadley, MA

For more information, visit:
www.odysseybks.com
www.facebook.com/pages/The-Odyssey-Bookshop/29263282631

And if you live in southwestern Virginia, let me know if you know of any great Indie bookstores I can visit in the Roanoke area. I'm looking for a store to become my home away from home.


For more Indie bookstore love, check out the following blogs:
Lisa and Laura Roecker
Sarah Frances Hardy
Shana Silver
Elana Johnson
Stasia Kehoe
Shannon Messenger
Carolina Valdez Miller
Mundie Moms
Myra McEntire
Sara Bennett Wealer
Janet Gurtler
Joy Preble
Ty Drago
Kate Walton
Julia Karr
Randy Russell
Adele Griffin
Helen Landalf
Beth Revis
Tess Hilmo
Sheela Chari
Gail Handler
Crystal Allen
Christine Fonseca

2 comments:

  1. Hi- just came by to ask you to stop by my blog and pick up your Award! :) Rae
    http://thebestobooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...