From that time on, the world was hers for the reading....


Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Adriana Trigiani: Viola in the Spotlight

After reading Viola in Reel Life by Adriana Trigiani, I immediately picked up Viola in the Spotlight.

Viola is back in Brooklyn and ready for a fun-filled summer with her BFFAA Andrew and her friend Caitlin, but things don't go as planned.

Andrew is off to summer camp. Worse, he isn't acting like himself. In fact, he's kind of distant.

Caitlin has a summer job and a new boyfriend. Viola isn't on her list of priories.

Despite the change in plans, there are plenty of twists and turns and dramas to keep Viola on her toes and her camera rolling.

She lands an internship at her "Grand's" Broadway production of "Arsenic and Old Lace", which is challenging and very educational. The Broadway show provides the perfect opportunity for Viola's roommates and school friends from Indiana to visit New York and get the grand tour.

Again, Adriana Trigiani created characters who inspired me with their dedication to each other and their friendship despite several ups and downs and distance. This time, though, she made me cry. What a bittersweet ending.

I liked the first book in the series, but I loved this one. I enjoyed meeting Viola's New York friends and getting to know her parents better. But what I loved most of all was how level-headed and mature Viola was. I'd like to read more characters like her.

Now all I want to know is when the third book will be published?


For more information on Adriana Trigiani, visit:
@AdrianaTrigiani
adrianatrigiani.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...