From that time on, the world was hers for the reading....


Tuesday, May 24, 2011

13 Reasons Why Project

I read Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher in 2009. And I haven't been the same since I met Hannah and explored the contents of her tapes.

I loved what I read so much that I wanted to talk with someone--anyone--about it, so I launched my first book blog on June 23, 2009. That blog was my saving grace. In a time where everything was going wrong, and it felt like the world had turned its back on me, all I had were books. Books helped me escape, took me on great adventures, and introduced me to characters going through the same problems I was. The book blogging community--both readers and authors alike--was so inviting, warm, and friendly.  The blog gave me a purpose every day, a reason to get out of bed in the morning, and a desire to live.

Indirectly, Jay Asher's novel saved my life. I thank him for that.

The Thirteen Reasons Why Project is a place where readers can share their reviews, personal stories, or how the story affected them. You can check it out by CLICKING HERE. And I really think you should.

Powerful stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...