From that time on, the world was hers for the reading....


Friday, July 23, 2010

Rhonda Stapleton: Flirting with Disaster

In February, after reading so many positive reviews, I picked up Stupid Cupid by Rhonda Stapleton. I enjoyed it and added the next book in the series, Flirting with Disaster, to my "must read" list.

Synopsis:
Felicity is a total romantic. That's why she follows her heart--not the rules--in her job as a cupid. But when Felicity turns her matchmaking magic on her best friend, Andy, it's Andy who breaks their golden rule: friends always come first. Andy is so wrapped up in her new guy that she's ditching everyone else. How can Felicity stop her BFF from letting a BF come between them?

Meanwhile, Felicity decides to get over her crush on Derek by setting him up with someone else--but in her impulsive haste, she accidentally matches him with the whole school, and now everyone is in love with him. The entire student body is headed toward heartbreak, just weeks before prom. Does Felicity have what it takes to make everyone's heart happy? Including her own?


Love is unpredictable. Even when it's initiated by modern day cupids equipped with cute, hot pink, tricked out PDAs. That's just one of the many lessons Felicity learns in Flirting With Disaster. Mix in best friend drama, a school-wide obsession, a possible love match for Felicity herself, and you've got the recipe for a super-fun sequel.

I really love this series, especially Felicity. Despite the zany mix-ups, her refusal to read her job's instruction manual, and her hopeless romantic tendencies, she has a good heart and the best of intentions. Even better, she's easy to relate to and root for.

I understood her heartbreak over losing her best friend Andy to a boy.

I felt bad for her when the love matches didn't work out.

(Note: If there are any modern day cupids trying to make things happen for me, I apologize for all of the job-related stress I must be causing you.)

I was excited for her when she started interacting with Derek.

She felt like a friend. And I always want good things to happen for my friends.

There's a surprise twist at the end that I really didn't see coming. I've already requested the third book in the series, Pucker Up, from my library because I MUST know what happens next.

Rhonda Stapleton created a witty, entertaining story that doesn't feel forced. Her sense of humor is evident on every page. I definitely think you should check out this series.

For more information on Rhonda Stapleton, visit:
@rhondastapleton
rhondastapleton.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...