From that time on, the world was hers for the reading....


Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Lauren Kate: Fallen

Stories about fallen angels fascinate me, so of course I had to use my Barnes & Noble gift card to pick up Fallen by Lauren Kate!

Synopsis:
There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.


Lauren Kate has a gift. She can take a reader on a walking tour of marshes, crumbling graveyards, and dilapidated buildings without leaving the comfort of their own homes. That's what I liked best about this book--the descriptions. I felt like I was actually in Savannah, Georgia. She painted such a unique, realistic, Gothic picture and took me on an amazing journey.

Fallen took awhile to get going, but that's okay. As with any book that is introducing a series, I want to get a feel for the characters, where they're from, and what motivates them. There was a steady build to the action. And, let me tell you, once things picked up, they picked up at a rapid, heart-stopping speed.

I was left with a lot of questions, which frustrated me at first. But the more I thought abut it, the more excited I became for the sequel (Torment, currently scheduled for publication in September), which I hope will answer some questions that I simply cannot stop thinking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...