From that time on, the world was hers for the reading....


Wednesday, October 7, 2009

May Vanderbilt & Anne Dayton: A Little Help From My Friends

I'm grateful to have received an advance reader's copy of A Little Help From My Friends (Miracle Girls Series #3) by May Vanderbilt & Anne Dayton (October 15/FaithWords/Hachette Book Group)! Though I've never read any of the other Miracle Girls novels, I fell in love with the characters right away.

A Little Help From My Friends focuses on the youngest Miracle Girl, Zoe.

Zoe's on a mission.

She needs to reunite her parents, who are separated and considering divorce.

She's also trying to get her favorite teacher, Ms. Moore, reinstated after being dismissed for mysterious reasons.

She's got her work cut out for her, especially since she's also trying to navigate her junior year of high school, deal with the heartbreak of first love, and figure out Dean, the new guy and current history class partner.

Zoe's faith is put to the test as she tries to overcome her shyness and accomplish her goals. Luckily, as the title suggests, she has great friends willing to help her every step of the way.

I thought this story was very sweet and inspiring. It was a great reminder that no matter how many obstacles are stacked against us, we can tackle them with faith and persistence. Zoe and her friends were very realistic and, honestly, the type of people I would want on my side during a challenging time. I'm looking forward to reading more of the Miracle Girls series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...